Reservations and Admission
Guided tours have a maximum of twelve people per tour. Reservations are strongly suggested. To make a reservation for a tour call Visitor Services at 267.502.2990 or send an email to email@example.com. Drop-in visitors will be accommodated whenever possible. On weekends Visitor Services can be reached from 12:00 until 4:30 pm.
Group tours of more than twelve people must take place during the week unless the group reserves several of the weekend times listed below. To make an appointment for a group tour call 267.502.2993.
Regular times for the Highlights tour are Tuesdays-Fridays at 2:30 pm, and weekends at 1:00, 2:30 and 3:00 pm. During Christmas at Glencairn the Highlights tour is available on weekends at 3:00 pm or by appointment.
Regular times for the "Time Travelers" tour are weekends at 1:45 pm. During Christmas at Glencairn the "Time Travelers" tour is available by appointment.
Please note: tours will not be available
- Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24, 2016 due to an excessive heat watch
- Saturday, August 13 and Sunday, August 14, 2016 due to an excessive heat watch
- Sunday, October 23, 2016, due to the Medieval Festival
- Sunday, October 30, 2016, due to the Julian Gargiulo concert
- Thursday, November 24, 2016 due to Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 12 and Tuesday, December 13, 2016 due to the Christmas Sing Concert
- Saturday, December 24 and Sunday, December 25, 2016 due to Christmas
- Sunday, March 19, 2017 due to the Elizabeth Pitcairn concert
- Sunday, April 16, 2017, due to Easter
- Sunday, April 23, 2017, due to the Sacred Arts Festival
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 due to Independence Day
During "Christmas at Glencairn" the family-friendly "Christmas in the Castle" tour is available weekdays at 1:30 and 2:30 pm, and weekends at 1:00, 1:30 and 2:30 pm; the Highlights tour is available on weekends at 3:00 pm or by appointment, and the "Time Travelers" tour is only available by appointment. The 2016-2017 Christmas season runs from Friday, November 25, 2016 through Sunday, January 8, 2017. The Museum will be closed to tours December 12 and 13, and 24 and 25, 2016.
Glencairn is now a National Historic Landmark. Because of our status as a historic home, Glencairn has limited accessibility for visitors with mobility impairments. Strollers and backpack-style baby carriers are not permitted beyond the front entrance. For more information, please call 267.502.2993 in advance of your visit.
Tour admission free for valid AAM membership card holders, NARM members and Blue Star families. Other prices apply for tours by appointment.