“Easter Art at Glencairn” Tour
The Easter Art tour is available by appointment only.
Call 267.502.2993 or click here to request an appointment.
Admission fees for Easter tour
$8.00 Seniors (65+)/Students with I.D.
Half price for Basic Members
Free for Gold and Patron Members and children 3 years and under
Other prices apply for group tours and tours by appointment.
About the Tour
This one-hour guided tour features the Easter story illustrated through medieval works of art in stained glass, sculpture and painting. The biblical narrative involves tremendous sadness, followed by great joy; key episodes highlighted on this tour include the Last Supper, the Crucifixion, the Resurrection and the Ascension of Christ into heaven. Visitors also learn how Easter was celebrated at Glencairn by the Pitcairn family.
Please note: tours will not be available on:
- Sunday, April 23, 2017, due to the Sacred Arts Festival
- Sunday, April 30, 2017, due to the Wister Quartet concert
- Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6, 2017, due to a private event
- Friday, May 12, 2017, due to the Les Canards Chantants concert
- Sunday, May 21, 2017, due to a private event
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017, due to a private event
- Sunday, October 29, 2017, due to the Medieval Festival
- Monday, December 11 and Tuesday, December 12, 2017, due to the Glencairn Sing Christmas Concert
During "Christmas at Glencairn" the Highlights Tour is available on weekends at 3:00 pm or by appointment. "Christmas at Glencairn" runs from the day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 24, 2017) through Sunday, January 7, 2018. The Museum will be closed to tours December 11 and 12, and 24 and 25, 2017.
The Museum will be closed: