“Time Travelers”: A Family Backpack Tour
Available on weekends at 1:45 pm.
Tour also available by appointment. See below for closings information.
Reservations strongly recommended because space is limited. Call 267.502.2990 or click here to book a tour.
Admission fees for tours
$8.00 Seniors (65+)/Students with I.D.
Half price for Basic members
Free for Gold and Patron members and children 3 years and under
Other prices apply for group tours and tours by appointment.
About the Tour
A museum—like a time machine—is where the present meets the past. Travel with us to ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and medieval Europe. This one-hour tour includes hand-on activities with Egyptian hieroglyphs, Greek coins, and compasses. We’ll bring the backpack with supplies, you bring a sense of adventure and your deductive skills! The "Time Travelers" tour is recommended for ages 5-12. One adult for every three children is required.
Please note: the "Time Travelers" tour will not be available:
- Sunday, October 23, 2016, due to the Medieval Festival
- Sunday, October 30, 2016, due to the Julian Gargiulo concert
- Thursday, November 24, 2016 due to Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 12 and Tuesday, December 13, 2016 due to the Christmas Sing Concert
- Saturday, December 24 and Sunday, December 25, 2016 due to Christmas
- Sunday, March 19, 2017 due to the Elizabeth Pitcairn concert
- Sunday, April 16, 2017, due to Easter
- Sunday, April 23, 2017, due to the Sacred Arts Festival
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 due to Independence Day
During "Christmas at Glencairn" the Time Travelers tour is available only by appointment. "Christmas at Glencairn" runs from Black Friday (November 25, 2016) through Sunday, January 8, 2017. The Museum will be closed to tours December 12 and 13, and 24 and 25, 2016.