“Time Travelers”: A Family Backpack Tour
Available on weekends at 1:45 pm.
Tour also available by appointment. See below for closings information.
Reservations strongly recommended because space is limited. Call 267.502.2990 or click here to book a tour.
Admission fees for tours
$8.00 Seniors (65+)/Students with I.D.
Half price for Basic Members
Free for Gold and Patron Members and children 3 years and under
Other prices apply for group tours and tours by appointment.
About the Tour
A museum—like a time machine—is where the present meets the past. Travel with us to ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and medieval Europe. This one-hour tour includes hand-on activities with Egyptian hieroglyphs, Greek coins, and compasses. We’ll bring the backpack with supplies, you bring a sense of adventure and your deductive skills! The "Time Travelers" tour is recommended for ages 5-12. One adult for every three children is required.
Please note: the "Time Travelers" tour will not be available:
- Sunday, April 23, 2017, due to the Sacred Arts Festival
- Sunday, April 30, 2017, due to the Wister Quartet concert
- Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6, 2017, due to a private event
- Friday, May 12, 2017, due to the Les Canards Chantants concert
- Sunday, May 21, 2017, due to a private event
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017, due to a private event
- Sunday, October 29, 2017, due to the Medieval Festival
- Monday, December 11 and Tuesday, December 12, 2017, due to the Glencairn Sing Christmas Concert
During "Christmas at Glencairn" the Time Travelers tour is available only by appointment. "Christmas at Glencairn" runs from the day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 24, 2017) through Sunday, January 7, 2018. The Museum will be closed to tours December 11 and 12, and 24 and 25, 2017.
The Museum will be closed:
- Sunday, April 16, 2017, due to Easter
- Beginning at 2:30 pm on Sunday, May 21, 2017 for a private event
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017, due to Independence Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2017, due to Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 11, 2017
- Sunday, December 24 and Monday, December 25, 2017, due to Christmas